A process analysis is among the easiest paragraphs/essays to write. It either
explains how to perform a specific task or explains how something works. Below
are the steps for writing a process analysis:
- Select a topic.
- Brainstorm the steps of the process, including any necessary materials.
- Arrange the steps in a logical sequence.
- For a paragraph, create a single sentence or two to stress the
significance of the process.
- For an essay, create an introduction that attracts the reader and stresses
the importance of the process.
- Write the steps in sentence form, using time sequence words such as first,
next, then, and finally to transition between steps.
- For a paragraph, create a concluding sentence or two to encourage readers
to take part in the process.
- For an essay, create a concluding paragraph that encourages readers to
take part in the process.
- Reread, making certain no materials or steps have been omitted.
Remember to read it as though you are someone who has never before performed
- Revise and edit, improving upon word choices, organization, correcting any
errors as well.